1 . Place your softener an/or iron filter on ‘bypass’.
2. Place your inline filter on bypass or off position.
3. Remove the existing filter from the filter housing.
4. Fill the filter housing container with a household bleach.
5. Replace housing container with the added bleach to the system.
6. Run all the cold water faucets (including the washing machine) until you can smell the chlorine.
7. Fill the filter-housing container with a household bleach a second time.
8. Run all the hot water faucets (including the washing machine and dishwasher) until you can smell the chlorine.
9. Wait approximately two hours… then run the faucets at the laundry room sink until the chlorine smell is gone.
10. You may do this any time you detect a foul taste or odor in the water.
11. After this process and depending on how much foreign material is in your lines, some of the screens in your faucets and hose going to the washing machine may be plugged and slowing own the flow of water… in which case remove the screens and clean them.
12. Place your water softener and/or iron filter back to ‘service’.
13. Place your in-line filter back to ‘service’.